IT Technician Recruitment at Marriott International. Please go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in the fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards®, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Technician at Marriott International
Job Number: 20066224
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Information Technology
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management / Hourly
- As a member of the hotel staff, this entry-level position contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first- and some second-level support and break-fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of all property-based systems).
- Generally works under the supervision and within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
- Responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance of all property-based systems. Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment/processes and Marriott proprietary systems.
Scope / Expected Contribution
- Number of Direct Reports: None.
- Number of Properties: Typically one, but the position is unit-based but may provide support to other local hotels.
- This position will report to one of the following positions: Executive Committee member, Property System Manager, or Area Systems Manager as deemed appropriate.
- Typically single-property focused.
- Position requires 24x7x 365 (pager / cell phone) coverage or schedule rotations.
Working Relationships / Interfaces:
- Property executive committee, management, staff
- Cluster IR team members
- Regional team members
Financial / Policy:
- Works to ensure the hotel is in compliance with the appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Implements solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
- Places equipment orders as directed relating to personal computers, telecommunications, local servers/networks
- Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware.
- Ensures technology assets are secured.
- Complies with technology-related vendor contracts.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Is professional and responsive to inquiries from customers/vendors/peer group.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
- Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
- Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
- Performs adds / moves / changes / deletions.
- Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
- Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems
- Escalates problems as appropriate through the direct supervisor, Global Field Services, system support, or other shared service teams.
- Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server/network.
- Moves / adds / changes PCs / peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
- Performs routine desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
- Provides end-user support to hotel staff, business center.
- Assists with setup or reset of security passwords
- Supports email and use of MI network
Server / Network:
- Assists in creating and maintaining a secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine preventative maintenance.
- Works as part of a team to execute a disaster recovery plan.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; protect company assets. Address guests’ service needs.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Communicate with other IS personnel to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems or issues related to computer software and systems, internet access, hardware, and peripheral equipment. Refer to major problems or defective products to vendors/technicians.
- Manage user accounts, including set up, removal, and resetting passwords in order to ensure confidentiality and proper use. Install, configure, and modify workstations.
- Modify workstations, including set up of cables, desktop computers, laptops, docking stations, and printers.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Secure all backup tapes and computer / telephone rooms. Educate users regarding procedures for securing Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program.
- Enter commands and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment. Inspect, test, and diagnose computer equipment and systems.
- Maintain inventory of all technology devices. Maintain computer networks, support server system(s), and supporting software.
- Provide network communications support.
- Maintain and upgrade hardware, software and website technical architecture related to hardware and telecommunication connectivity.
- Perform system backups. Provide end-user support.
Candidate Profile / Qualifications
- College Degree B.Sc., HND in IT or its equivalent.
- Demonstrated skills in support of applications, hardware, operating systems, and telecommunications.
- Ability to multi-task effectively while setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Functions well in a matrix management environment (vendors/clients/peers).
- Demonstrated skills in trouble-shooting and resolving problems around PCs, operating systems, servers, peripherals, etc.
- Work experience: Possess 0-3 years experience in like position.
- Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
- System-related professional certifications desired.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.