Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
Human Capital Business Partner – PBB at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Job title: Human Capital Business Partner – PBB
Job ID: 45997
Job Sector: Banking
- Human Capital: attracting and retaining key talent, providing learning and development initiatives, governance of performance management and reward schemes, centres of excellence to drive and embed Standard Bank values and culture.
- Responsible for tactical and operational execution of the Human Capital strategy in support of the business unit strategy.
Drive the Human Capital strategy in alignment with the business strategy:
- Provide input ino the operational and strategic planning in the business area by providing a view on the strategic priorities that have been identified for Human Capital at a group and business line level.
- Analyse the impact of internal (projects, systems, process, structure) changes as well as external (market dynamics, labour issues, regulatory changes, union involvement) on the people in the business area. Ensure that the business is adequately prepared to deal with the people impacts. Create and drive the implementation of transition plans.
- Support line managers in creating effective organisation structures for their own functional areas in line with business unit objectives and processes performed in the business. Identify gaps and overlaps in accountability and work with the line managers to improve the job designs and levels of responsibility.
- Extract organisation management reports from the SAP system if needed. Create organisation structure scenarios using the Org Publisher system. For complex or large scale organisation designs support can be obtained from the Head Human Capital or the Group Organisational Effectiveness team.
- Review appropriateness of job contents with line managers and job family owners for all new and updated job descriptions, prior to submitting for job evaluation and publication. Educate line managers on the value of proper job design. When required, complete job analysis and design or request the Group Organisation Effectiveness team to support when there are projects to address job allocations in the business area. Ensure that the rest of the Human Capital team in the business area are informed of the changes.
- Ensure that structural changes are checked and updated monthly on the SAP system including reporting line changes, new joiners and vacancies.
- Actively participate in employee relations interventions. Review the merits of new cases and participate in decision making with employee relations specialists.
- Participate in the preparation of union packs and ensure that the proper approvals are obtained before submission. Advise business on what items need to be informed, consulted or negotiated with unions. Drive the process and brief business owners before union engagements to ensure that they know how to engage.
Ensure that the business area is appropriately resourced:
- Taking into consideration business plans for expansion or disinvestment, support line managers to plan their workforce requirements for the year ahead. Proactively identify gaps and create improvement plans with support from resourcing and learning teams. In business areas where the functionality exists, work with workforce planning or productivity managers to ensure that Human Capital governance is adhered to.
- Approve requests for replacement vacancies as part of the quarterly workforce planning reviews. Assist in managing the headcount budget in partnership with finance.
- Support the efforts of the resourcing teams to define the business demand for recruitment for each quarter.
- As part of engaging with employees across the business, identify potential opportunities for employees to move to other areas and arrange interaction with resourcing teams where appropriate.
- Participate in interviews for graduates on request.
- For non-permanent resources that are contracted through payroll, review and approve the terms of the contracts prior to distribution to the candidate.
- Review requests for non-permanent resources and challenge line on the appropriateness of appointing non-permanent giving consideration to duration of the work, rates, skills levels and labour regulations governing non-permanent appointments.
- Participate in the selection and contract negotiation process for fixed term contractors on request.
- Manage relationships with labour brokers and other non-perm resource providers at a local level.
- In line with bank-wide and local diversity requirements, review the composition of the workforce in the business area and advise line on specific interventions to ensure that the bank’s workforce meets diversity standards. Identify potential barriers and work closely with the diversity team to create programmes to overcome the barriers.
- Participate in the orientation process held in the business by meeting new starters during their first week and position the offerings from Human Capital. Business partners are responsible for arranging introductions to key business stakeholders.
- Conduct exit interviews for junior and middle managers who have resigned as well as a sample of other employees. Compile analysis of the results of the exit interviews and share with the Head of Human Capital if any concerns are flagged.
- Drive succession plans for senior management. Review the completeness of the plans and highlight gaps to the business senior management. Actively participate in the development actions of identified successors.
- When international assignees are identified for roles in the business area, request costings for the assignment from the International Assignment (IA) team. In consultation with the IA and tax consultant the additional assignment costing forms should be completed and explained to the hiring manager. Ensure that proper approvals are obtained before the offer is extended to the candidate.
- Facilitate discussions with the home business partner to agree assignment period as well as the notice period in the current role of the assignee. On the assignment start date provide the workplace orientation in consultation with the line manager.
Advise line managers on employee engagement, performance management, talent management and reward:
- Continuously engage with employees and line managers in the business unit to determine the level of engagement. Identify areas of concern and address with the business unit’s leadership.
- Advise line managers on effective goal setting for their employees. Review a sample of performance contracts during each performance cycle with a focus on those prepared by new line managers. Provide feedback to line managers on areas for improvement. Facilitate goal setting sessions where required.
- Coordinate and preside over performance moderation exercises. Advise line on the appropriate performance distribution given their business unit performance.
- Track all employees on performance improvement plans and monitor closure/exit. Monitor the performance improvement process and ensure that governance and documentation standards are adhered to.
- Review overall pay levels for the business unit against market information and incorporate trends identified during recruitment. Highlight gaps or concerns to the Head Human Capital for consideration when determining the remuneration plans for the following year.
- Review requests for interim increases against the policy requirements. Make recommendations for approval and facilitate the process between line and Reward.
- Review remuneration matching by comparing the job market match to the individuals and highlighting areas that require correction to the Reward teams. Analyse pay data against market information to make recommendations to line managers where significant adjustments are required.
- Manage the process of distribution of the increase and bonus pools. Monitor spend and allocation of funds. Ensure that the remuneration cycle is managed as a project within the timelines defined by the Reward team.
- Drive the reward moderation process by advising the business unit leadership on the moderation principles and guiding the conversations in the moderation meetings. Ensure that fair and consistent standards and guidelines are applied.
- Explain the recognition programmes together with the opportunities to drive employee engagement and retention to line managers. Act as a champion for driving nominations.
- Drive the process of identifying middle management and professional level talent. Engage with the talent team to drive talent validation processes. Advise the business unit leadership on the thought processes around talent identification and development. Participate in the creation and monitoring of development plans for identified talent.
- Create a 1 to 2 year view of the skills development needs in the business area with support from Learning and Development. Help line managers understand the importance of development activities together with any local regulatory requirements around training. Provide input into the business area’s skills development plans.
- Participate in the development of career maps and learning pathways for job families that are unique to the business area. Coach line managers on how to have career discussions with their teams.
- Monitor the business area’s adherence to mandatory compliance training requirements. Drive the understanding of the importance of completing the training within the regulated timelines.
Ensure that line managers are aware of Human Capital services and governance standards:
- Ensure a thorough understanding of all Human Capital processes and policies. Guide line managers across the business on how to interpret and apply the requirements and what the business benefits are of doing so.
- Proactively brief line managers at the start of major events in Human Capital calendar (for example when the annual remuneration process starts).
- Participate in the group-wide designs of Human Capital solutions and process improvements as business representatives on request.
- Act as the change champion for improvements in Human Capital processes and systems by explaining the benefits to line managers. Call on support from the group teams in the change management process if needed.
- Engage with line managers to determine which people metrics they require for making.
- Aggregate and consolidate the demands and feed into the business intelligence team.
- Conduct detailed trend ananlysis on metrics and indicators to create a proactive view of emerging risks in the business area. Provide a summary view to the business together with potential mitigation plans.
- Review and understand the services provided by PeopleFirst. Encourage line managers and employees to use their services.
- Ensure that change requests are logged for any changes to be affected.
- Ensure a personal deep understanding of the capability that exists on the Human Capital systems (SAP and PeopleFluent). Encourage business users to use all the available functionality.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Human and Social Studies, People or Human Development
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Human Capital Business Partnering
- Experience and a deep understanding of the core Human Capital functions including Resourcing, Reward, Employee Relations, Industrial Relations, Diversity and Inclusion, Learning and Development and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Experience in the financial services industry would be advantageous.
- Business Acumen
- Workforce Planning
- Human Resource Consulting
- Talent Management
- Change Management.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified? Go to Stanbic IBTC career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.