Head, Regulatory & Compliance Vacancy at 9Mobile Nigeria
9mobile Nigeria is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Job Title: Head, Regulatory & Compliance
- Oversee the activities of the Regulatory & Compliance Affairs unit in maintaining effective relationships with relevant telecoms regulators to ensure an enabling environment for EMTS activities.
- Provide advisory service with regards to regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with all relevant statutes and laws.
- Provide input in the articulation of a regulatory compliance policy in line with EMTS’s overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Continuously review the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including the major telecoms regulator in Nigeria, NCC.
- Provide legal and regulatory opinion on all issues that impact on EMTS’s operations from a regulatory perspective, including new legislatures, government policies, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory obligations within the business.
- Monitor and track trends in the telecommunications regulatory environment likely to impact EMTS and ensure initiation of appropriate response.
- Liaise with the Operations and Carrier unit and assist in the negotiation of interconnect agreements with incumbent telecom operators and new entrants.
- Advise EMTS on possible financial impacts of regulatory developments and trends while highlighting potential revenue generation/cost saving opportunities.
- Monitor and escalate unfair/non-compliance practices by competitors to the Director, Regulatory &Corporate Affairs. Implement the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the Regulatory Affairs function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Regulatory & Corporate Affairs
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Regulatory & Corporate Affairs
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field is a must.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Eight (8) years’ work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit careers.9mobile.com.ng.