Head of Agribusiness Development and Administration at Welcome2Africa International. Please read through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company committed to the positive economic growth of Africa and from the get-go, founded upon the vision to redefine the image of Africa.
Welcome2Africa International develops and initiates a range of activities to catalyze and facilitate investment, trade and business/commercial interest into and across Africa – All with a current focus and commitment to the development and transformation of Africa’s Agribusiness sector.
Job Title: Head of Agribusiness Development and Administration
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
Over All Job Purpose
- Welcome2Africa International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth.
- The Head of Agribusiness Development And Administration will ensure the competitiveness of the organization by devising and implementing strategic plans in relation to attracting and facilitating trade and investment into Nigeria’s Agricultural Sector.
- Conduct agribusiness research to provide market information and analysis on donors, competitor/partner organizations, funding patterns and trends, and other information relevant to new business decisions and strategic positioning.
- Assist with general coordination and documentation of W2A activities.
- Provide technical assistance for feasibility studies, project proposals and other fundraising and outreach materials.
- Draft/review/edit TORs/SOWs, implementation plans, project reports, concept notes, MOUs and partnership agreements, etc.
- Support communication and other W2A project visibility promotion efforts
- Analyze all contract procedures and assist to implement all fundraising policies and design and implement an effective recruitment plan to facilitate all fundraising activities and perform regular research on all public and private foundations.
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with all donors and perform require research on same and maintain an effective portfolio for all donors and ensure optimal usage of all fundraising software and monitor gift cycle for all development activities.
- Assist to promote agency to various prospective and existing donors and prepare effective programs and strategies to identify all fundraising activities.
- Administer everyday fundraising operations for organizations and develop all fundraising goals and objectives for monitor all volunteers and support groups for various events.
- Monitor all development events and activities and ensure effective and appropriate implementations and provide assistance to all volunteers to perform research on all data for proposal development.
- Prepare draft for all proposals and foundations and assist to prepare all annual development reports to achieve all objectives and analyze trends and provide necessary recommendations.
- Design an effective financial budget for organization and ensure compliance to all budgets for various programs and participate in development and facilitation of all prospect management systems.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets
- Managing records and receipts
- At least a Bachelor’s, and preferably a Master’s level qualification in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy and Finance
- Minimum of ten years of experience of working with or in agribusiness development and facilitation,
- Experience in value chain development and agribusiness finance, preferable experience with climate finance
- Considerable knowledge of modern agricultural methods and experimental farming practices.
- Considerable knowledge of research methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of subordinate personnel.
- Ability to maintain appropriate records and to prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship
- Have Agricultural financing knowledge.
31st January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter of no more than detailing your suitability and experience to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.