Website Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Brand Managerl, Interested and qualified candidates should see the job details and apply
Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager – Guinness
Ref Id: JR1042202
Location: Ikeja, Lagos HQ
Job Type: Full time
Work Type: Regular
At Diageo, we boast a wealth of admired brands that few companies can rival. With names such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, there’s a rich legacy of character and outstanding products to promote. And we rely on passionate, driven marketers to celebrate these brands and ensure their future success.
Whether you’re involved in launching a spirited and innovative campaign, developing fresh and exciting products, tapping into a new generation of consumers or delving into the insights that spark the next big idea, there are a huge variety of projects and roles on offer. But all our positions demand the same levels of resilience, strategic thinking and creativity that drives growth and does justice to the quality of our brands.
Character is everything to us at Diageo. We’re looking for the bold, daring and pioneering spirit that has sustained us for hundreds of years. If you share our sense of adventure, you’ll thrive here. With opportunities to shape the career you want, through continuing learning and development, and the support of talented peers.
About the Role
- The Brand Manager role is accountable for Brand Equity, Net Sales Value (NSV) & Contribution After Advertising and Promotion (CAAP) delivery for the assigned brand within the Guinness Nigeria portfolio.
- The role shapes the future strategic direction for the brands in the portfolio, ensuring sustainable profitable volume growth by exploiting current and new consumer opportunities in the Nigeria market.
- The role will need to form strong relationships across the Marketing, Commercial and Innovations teams and other functions across the business.
- The role would also have coaching responsibilities for other Marketing resources in order to grow both functional and leadership capability within the function.
- The Nigerian market has shown inherent volatility over many years this trend is expected to continue into the medium term with increased competitor entrants. Managing market volatility and the ambiguity that this drives in activity planning, budget setting and activity management is an inherent part of the complexity in this role.
- There is the added responsibility and complexities that comes with getting to cut through insight premised work for Nigeria in collaboration with the Global Brand Team.
- Creative – Thinks outside existing paradigms and nurtures big ideas
- Inspiring – Brings energy and passion to the business and creates mass followership
- Strategic – Strong proven experience creating strategies for growth.
- Insight Driven – Curious about consumers and what drives them, and can unlock insights to change consumer relationships with brands
- Relationships – Builds strong cross-functional relationships.
- Extensive Consumer Product Goods Experience
- Drive and project manage the creation of long-term brand strategy and brand plans based on consumer, customer, and shopper insight that will set the brand up for transformational growth
- Lead cross-agency teams and foster new partnerships in developing the brand’s communication approach and execution in an omnichannel environment (on, off & 3rd space).
- Understand and respond to the drivers of your brand performance, working in partnership with the commercial teams to deliver the annual operating plan.
- Kicking off, and leading start to finish the creation of a new or evolved communication platform as well as an updated and clear set of brand guidelines to drive enhanced consistency of how the brand shows up in market across all channels and touchpoints.
- Build and run a data strategy that will allow you to unlock powerful insight into the performance of your brand.
Education and Experience Required:
- University degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (4 – 6 years)
- Clear understanding of FMCG brand marketing.
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
- Experience of working on Mainstream brands & understanding of Execution standards required for the value-oriented consumer.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Extensive experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit diageo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.