DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited
DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited is currently recruiting Graduate Trainee, Risk and Safety Engineer to work under contract and this contract is meant to run for 12month that is for 1year. This opportunity is for graduate in the engineering discipline.
Graduate Trainee, Risk and Safety Engineer
Employment Type: Contractor
Job Level: Graduate
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited is a leading project delivery services company in Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM), and Project Management Consultancy (PMC) services. The company was incorporated in 2003 through a Joint Operating Agreement by DeltaTek Engineering Limited (Nigerian company) and WorleyParsons Europe Limited (an International Engineering Design Consulting Company) with 51% : 49% shareholding ratio respectively to provide world-class services in our primary industry sectors of hydrocarbons, power, infrastructure, minerals & metals and chemicals, encompassing both Greenfield and brownfield developments.
- To provide risk management (safety and reliability) services to the project team.
- To be responsible to the performance of projects assigned to both in terms of technical capability and also commercial performance of the project.
- To promote WorleyParsons Safety & Risk Management to achieve project objectives.
Specific accountabilities are listed below:
- To Determine the Major Accident Hazard events and to apply a formalized approach of Hazard Management to identify and provide means of mitigation and reduction of such hazards.
- To take ownership of and provide direction to engineers through ability to prepare and author full suite of project safety deliverables.
- Manage a team of professional and technical people.
- Act as mentor to graduate, design and project engineers, technicians and technical specialists.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Safety & Risk Department.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Hazard and Risk Management experience.
- To identify the safety engineering scope of work from basis of design.
- To be able to determine and estimate norms to conduct the scope of work.
- To be able to raise a suite of project deliverables including procedures, design basis and HES Plan & Schedules of Activities.
- Network and inter-discipline departments. Interface management with the client.
- Conduct HAZID workshops.
- Lead HAZOP workshops.
- Concept Option Selection.
- Inherent Safety Review.
- Fire & Explosion Analysis.
- Fire Protection related studies.
- Formal Safety Assessments.
- Safety Critical Element & Performance Standards.
Industry Specific Experience:
- 4 – 7 years industry specific experience.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
METHOD OF APPLICATION
ALL interested and applicants are expected to apply through the career portal of DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited
To apply for this job please visit worleyparsons.taleo.net.