Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- To ensure that communication between Plan Nigeria and its customers both internal and external are conducted in a smooth and professional manner.
- To receive Plan International Nigeria’s visitors and coordinate visits to staff within the office premises.
Dimensions of the Role
- Interface between Plan International Nigeria and the public
- All Plan staffs
- Custodian of Petty cash funds
- Processing of mails
- Coordinate and organization of the reception of Plan International Nigeria
- Area of Responsibility – Maiduguri Office
- Handle all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional manner
- Ensure that the front office/reception hall is kept clean and managed in a professional manner.
- Receive visitors and directing them appropriately
- Prepare Bank Deposit Slips and forwards deposit slip and receipts to the finance department
- Receive and deliver to P&C all applications for recruitment purposes;
- Provide an interface between correspondences from other organizations and Plan Nigeria
- Support in purchase requisition creation and maintenance in SAP
- Support in creation of Request for Quotation (RFQ) and solicitation of quotations.
- Effect any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Admin Coordinator
- Receive mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay.
- Register all incoming and outgoing calls and mails, and other correspondence
- Assist in the provision of logistical support for all meetings, workshops
- Management of Petty cash funds disbursement and Replenishing petty cash to ensure cash balances are not exhausted.
- Receives Cash and raises receipts (ensure all documents are signed)
- Carry out other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Maintains high contact with the Supply chain Manager and Admin staff at Maiduguri Office
- Maintains high contact with Plan Nigeria’s visitors, vendors and service providers
- Maintains a fair contact with the finance officer for finance related activities
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree or Certification Business Administration or any related field
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position and with a credible institution
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation.
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, scanners, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.