Skyshore Group Limited
Financial & Tax Accountant Job at Skyshore Group Limited. Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Skyshore Group Limited (SGL) is a conglomerate of companies actively rendering various services in the Oil and Gas sector of the global economy; especially in West Africa rendering services to support Hydrocarbon Drilling, Completion and production at various levels. Incorporated in Nigeria by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) under the “Companies and allied matters decree 1990” as a limited liability “Group of Companies” which serves as a holding name for her member companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial & Tax Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate must be well experienced in all aspects of financial management, capital raising, financial planning and analysis and risk management.
- He must possess strong leadership skills and a forward-thinking mindset to support the company in the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Manage all finance functions with full authority over treasury, tax, statutory and management accounting, financial control, and internal and external reporting.
- Accountable for tax related matters by ensuring prompt remittance and various statutory deduction i.e VAT, PAYE, CIT, Pension Fund etc.
- Liaise with Tax Authorities, Auditors and other Regulatory bodies as regards preparation and filing of the Audited Financials.
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Facilitate the annual budgeting process of the entire organization by working with other departments to develop budgets for the group, facilities, and corporate departments.
- Provide accurate reporting on key performance measures and monitoring systems and provide actionable recommendations.
- Institute policies to ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity, and appropriateness of financial information.
- Manages relationships with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. regulatory organizations, external auditors, banks etc.
- Implement policies to effectively manage working capital including cash utilization, accounts receivables, accounts payables and inventory.
- Oversee the preparation in line with the IFRS standards and delivery of reliable, accurate and timely financial reports to the Board of Directors, senior management team, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure and make recommendations to Senior Management.
- Build and update financial models for fundraising process using the unit economics of the business.
- Preparing and Maintaining balance sheet schedules, ledgers, profit and loss statement, monthly and yearly financial statements and other reports.
- Ensure that the company always has a rich pipeline of assets and projects ready for investment.
- Serve as the focal point for investor relations and send regular fund statements to investors.
- Oversee the computation of key financial metrics on all facilities and projects including ROI, NPV, IRR and payback period.
- Develop cash flow projections and ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations and planned investments.
- Liaise with Bank on Transaction rates, Foreign Translation rate and Treasury Management.
- Manage fundraising processes for both debt and equity financing including updating the investment decks and virtual data room (VDR).
- Lead strategic finance initiatives and explore innovative financing sources including concessional financing, grant financing etc.
- Identify and manage key business and company risks and insurance requirements.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the documented system of finance policies and procedures across the group.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans /programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits / special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
- Report risk issues to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related disciplines – Accounting, Finance, Economics.
- Professional qualifications like ACCA, ICAN, CFA is highly preferred while an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, ERP systems and Business Intelligence software.
- Strong experience/knowledge in Financial Reporting, Taxation and FIRS / IFRS and financial reporting tools is required.
- Strong financial/ business acumen, analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience working in the Oil and Gas industry is an added advantage.
- Advanced financial modelling skills.
- Prior experience with investor relations and capital raising.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send updated CV, Cover Letter & Passport Photograph to: [email protected] using “Financial & Tax Accountant” as the subject of the mail
6th August, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org