Financial Officer – Settlement Accountant at Flutterwave, Interested and qualified candidates should see this job detail and apply
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Officer – Settlement Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
About the Financial Officer – Settlement Accountant Role
- We are looking for driven, passionate and committed individuals to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond.
- As our Financial Officer – Settlement Accountant, your primary responsibility will be to do daily analysis and reconciliation of all settlement bank accounts to ascertain key financial information for the purpose of monthly management accounts preparation also Interacting with the Settlement Operations Team to ensure timely retrieval of all financial data required by the Finance Department.
What Your Day to Day Activities Will Be Like
- Reconcile settlement bank statements daily
- Participate in monthly financial close by reconciling settlement related general ledger accounts
- Liaise with the Settlement Operations Team to obtain all required data and information
- Keep proper records of all cost of service, such as providers cost, bank charges, etc.
- Escalate variances and gaps noticed in data and information obtained from the Settlement Operations Team
- Carry out any other assigned task for the purpose of preparing monthly management accounts
Required Competency and Skillset to be a Waver
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Detail-oriented and excel at spotting patterns/trends and irregularities
- Analytical and thorough. Can be relied on to work with accuracy and effectiveness
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to identify cause and effect and communicate results in an effective and structured manner
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to multi-task & work efficiently with little supervision
- Time management skills
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit careers.flutterwave.com.