APM terminals are recruiting to fill the position of Finance Manager.
About the Company
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
Job Title: Finance Manager at
Company: APM Terminals
- Ensure safe and sound status of liquid fund, improve net working capital management, maintain proactive dialogue and follow up with accounts receivable key stakeholders.
- Thorough analysis and review dig deeper in the data reported and improve the quality of the reports including commentary for Managing
- Director and SMT members.
- Fixed Asset Register and depreciation.
- Spare Parts inventory account management.
- Accounts Receivable: Credit Control: Receipting.
- Accounts Payable: Supplier payment in accordance with company authorization/approvals.
- To co-ordinate with GSC and ensure that off-shored tasks are carried out timely, accurately and completely.
- Oversee the operations of the Payables function to ensure vendors are paid accurately and efficiently.
- To oversee the performance of receivables function to ensure customer invoices are correctly and timely issued.
- Ensure that local finance and controls are complete, accurate and timely in line with global guidelines and local laws and regulations.
- Drive TCO (Take Cost Out) and Revenue Improvement initiatives as per Annual Operating Plan.
- Revenue and Cost accruals as per APM GAAP and IAS.
- Payroll: manage timely payment of payroll and adherence to payroll tax.
- Verification of statutory deductions (PAYE/NHF/Pension).
We Are Looking For
- Requires at least five years of progressively more responsible general accounting and finance experience preferably in the private sector, and in transportation or related industry.
- Education – Master’s degree in Finance/ACCA/CA preferred.
- Must be familiar with finance and banking concepts and the tools for analyzing financial decisions, based on modern financial theory, including such things as discounted cash flow techniques, capital budgeting and valuation; investment decisions, analysis of corporate financial policy, including capital structure, cost of capital, financial markets, and merger and acquisition activities.
- Must be familiar with commercial law, credit agreements, concession and management agreements, and other related legislation, decrees, and legal opinions.
- Extensive knowledge of setting of ROFO /budgets, reporting in HFM/ZIMPL, inventory control systems and accounting, knowledge of ERP systems, IFS financials software is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals operational practices preferred.
- Experience in the operation of APM Terminals container facilities preferred.
- Analyses performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvements and cost savings i.e. cost saving potentials.
- Incumbent must have a very high level of analytical skills & must have complete IT skills as required in an office environment.
- Must be able to evaluate solutions for both long and short-term benefit.
- Exhibits sound judgment. Measures results and takes corrective action when needed.
- Exhibit effective negotiation skills.
- APM Terminals Apapa Ltd. offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we definitely want to hear from you!
- Working at APM Terminals brings a unique blend of being part of an exuberant, enthusiastic and fast-paced logistics company. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to various fields of expertise, from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development.
- We believe in encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their careers.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidate should APPLY HERE