GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON)
Finance Assistant Recruitment at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON). Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Employment type: Full Time
- The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance officer.
- S/he handles all cash payments and collections outside the office and recording the cash account on a daily basis.
Cash and Bank Payment Processing:
- Maintain Naira cash book at the set limits; take responsibility for any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that all cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the GOALPrime delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies
- Ensure all cash received is duly receipted and coded and timely banked
- Maintain bank information file
- Collect bank statements from the bank on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the requests for payments are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart
- Prepare the cash spreadsheets
- Performing supervised cash counts every Friday.
- Ensure check registration is recorded sequentially. Separate the Naira and USD checks to maintain sequence.
- Diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed checks are collected by vendors and signed for (ensuring proper identification of the person collecting) and details indicated in the checks release register.
- Provide timely updates to supervisor on the reason for uncollected checks.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- Archiving of prior years’ finance documents as instructed by the Finance Officer.
- Support Donor Engagement and Fundraising. Ensure that funds for continuity and scale-up of Programmes/operations is secured at most 6 months into this contract.
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designed in circulars from the Chief of Programmes
- To be willing and ready to participate in field staff exchange programs as organized by the Finance Officer.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
Key Contacts/working relationships
- Reports to the Finance Officer
- Regular and open communication with GOALPrime staff from all departments and field offices.
- Support donor Engagement and Fundraising. Ensure that funds for continuity and scale-up of Programmes/operations are secured at most 6 months into this contract.
- B.Sc. / Higher National Diploma with 1 – 2 years of working experience in Accounting or in any related field.
- Knowledge of Quickbook Enterprise Accounting software is highly desired
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – Works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving Programmes or services
- Teamwork – Contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- The position is located in Maiduguri LGA with frequent travel to other field locations for official purposes.
NGN 148,000 Monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
4th May, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org