Finance & Administrative Officer Job at FHI 360. Please make sure you go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
See more details below;
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Supervisor: Director, Finance & Operations
- Under the direction of the D,F&O, the FAO shall assume responsibility for accounting in the Country Office and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects, account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Monitoring subproject budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Work with the D, F&O to provide support with the accounting workflow in the review and audit of Country Office and sub-recipient reports for reimbursement of expenditures.
- Function as support for processing cash advances, retirements, petty cash management, and refunds made in favor of FHI.
- Prepare fiscal year budgets and enter them into FHI’s accounting software program.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in preparing reports for submission to donors.
- Review work of state finance staff for accuracy and proper report content.
- Support in proposal development in collaboration with proposal team.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting relating to international development programs.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- CPA, ACA, or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures or the ability to comprehend them.
- Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Follow-up on requests in an efficient manner.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria for minimum of 25%
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.