Fenix International is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments starting under $0.17 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers.
Job Title: State Sales Manager
Locations: Oyo, Ogun or Ondo
- At Fenix, one of our core values is to think big and make things happen. As the State Sales Manager at Fenix, you will embody this value.
- THINK BIG: Grounded in our mission to bring life-changing solar energy and financial services to millions of people across Nigeria, you will design and implement scalable sales and customer credit strategies, building on success and growth to date.
- You will use our unique data sets of sales patterns, customer demographics, and customer repayment behavior to create and refine a portfolio of data-driven strategic sales and customer repayment initiatives tailored for this large and underserved consumer base in emerging markets.
- Furthermore, you will contribute significantly to Fenix’s strategic planning process at the state level.
- The lessons you learn in your state will be applied to new markets/regions as we scale across Nigeria.
- MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: You will be responsible for the implementation and success of our sales and customer credit strategy in the state you preside over.
- You will recruit, train, manage and retain a highly motivated team of full-time Team Leads and Fenix Power Champions that will ultimately deliver on our vision of expanding our base of high-quality customers and electrifying millions of households by 2020.
Responsibilities, Deliverables, and Activities
- Acquire new customers and increase repeat sales for our most creditworthy existing customers
- Continuously improve customer repayment
- Own and advance relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and customer repayment
Deliverables and Activities
Acquire new customers and increase repeat sales for our most creditworthy existing customers:
- State Sales Strategy- Continuously refine and iterate on our state sales strategy that aims to reach millions of customers in need of ReadyPay Power by 2020, both by acquiring new customers and increasing repeat sales to existing customers
- Sales and Marketing initiatives- Test, validate, and refine Fenix Nigeria’s strategic sales and marketing initiatives based on analysis of our unique data set and field-based insights, in order to amplify our sales model to drive new customer acquisition
Continuously improve customer repayment:
- Commercial Strategy- Develop a commercial strategy that optimizes customer lifetime value (CLV) through increasing new sales, improving loan performance, and growing active customers and repeat sales
- Data-Based Insights- Use our unique data set as well as insights derived from the field to refine and iterate on our customer retention strategy, in order to improve payment velocity, repayment rates and repeat sales
- Own and advance relationships with key stakeholders
- Support in creating and maintaining relationships with current and potential commercial partners
- Create and own relationship management of key stakeholders within the sales process, especially with distribution partners (if any)
- Identify and assess additional sales channels to expand sales coverage across your state, including distributors, corporation and NGO partners
Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and customer repayment:
- Communication- Live and communicate Fenix’s mission to improve the quality of life of our customers
- Culture- Uphold and help continually build the Fenix culture which always embraces Fenix’s vision and values and always puts the customer’s experience first
- Leadership to Team Leads- Build upon, support, and provide exceptional leadership to the Team Leads and Fenix Power Champions, including testing and setting compensation, targets, and incentive structures.
- Recruitment and Training- Oversee the recruitment, training and ongoing management of sales, marketing, and customer repayment teams in your state.
- Team Development- Support team development by performing regular reviews and training, retaining high performing team members, and finding creative ways to boost low performing sales team members
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to functional work or role
- 5+ years working in a senior role within a progressive sales and/or financial services environment with strong, quantifiable results
- Proven experience and a passion for motivating and leading large teams to deliver on ambitious goals within a commercial business environment
- Ability to draw the right insights from data to create and nimbly adjust strategy, make difficult decisions that often require tradeoffs, balanced with a bias to action
- Experience or passion for working in developing markets
Highly Desired Skills:
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Passionate about solving problems for customers in rural communities
- Proficiency in English Language and 1 or more other Nigerian Languages
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem-solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information / Notice
In your cover letter, please be sure to highlight the following:
- Why you are interested in Fenix International, and
- What excites you about the particular role you’re applying for.
- We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast-paced and high-growth work environment.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.