The British Government
Entry Clearance Assistant job at The British Government
Job Title: Entry Clearance Assistant
Ref Id: 43/19 ABJ
Grade: A1 (L)
Slot: 2 Openings
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Temporary
Working hours per week: 37
Duration of Post: 12 months
Start Date: 1 December 2019
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Print visas according to manifests sent from the UK decision-making teams. Assure the security and integrity of visa writing processes according to United Kingdom Visa and Immigration (UKVI) policy and guidance;Undertake enrichment activity requests sent by UK decision-making teams, and ensure compliance with guidance to assure security, integrity and quality of enrichment processes;
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process the printing of documents for cases sent by the UK decision-making teams;
- Take responsibility to resolve enquiries from TLS, internal and external stakeholders;
- Receive, record and follow through to resolve all overturned cases, by commenting on CRS and dispatching to the VAC in line with agreed procedures;
- Manage logistics for UKVI staff and guests: Arrange hotel booking, flights and transport arrangements for official travel in and out of Abuja;
- By rotation, plan and publish bi-weekly duty list to allocate resources fairly and according to demand;
- Book Visa Application Centre appointments and provide support to MFA, State House and other BHC key stakeholders. Ensure all facilitations/Note Verbale applications are processed and recorded accurately;
- Manage the content, security and integrity of the passport bank to assure an organised and efficient process according;
- Manage the dispatch process and resolve any complaints or service failures to the VAC, and escalate ongoing problems to a Team Leader;
- Perform other ad-hoc duties at special request to support British High Commission and UKVI business delivery
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- IT skills, well versed in Microsoft Office package specifically Excel
- English language – read, write and speak
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a Visa Section or official Government office
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Starting Monthly Salary
NGN 298, 960.22 Monthly.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Learning and Development opportunities will be available to the successful applicant.
- An analysis of training needs will be discussed between the successful candidate and line manager.
Official BHC Working patterns:
- Monday to Thursday: 08:00-16:00hrs
- Friday: 08:00-13:00
To apply for this job please visit fco.tal.net.