African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
Documentation Assistant (PSEG.1) at African Development Bank Group (AfDB). Please make sure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Documentation Assistant (PSEG.1)
Position Number: 50000840
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Grade: GS7
- The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Divisions including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Department; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Function Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department:
- The role of the Bank’s Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat (PSEG) is to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy, High 5s, and Development and Business Delivery Model (DBDM) by enhancing the decision-making process of the governance organs and forging better working relationships with the shareholders and host countries of the Bank. PSEG is comprised of:
- The Immediate Office of the Secretary General (PSEG.0) which has the additional responsibility of managing the Records Management and Archives Section as well as the as well as the Corporate Governance Policy Coordination and Shareholder Relations Section and the Conferences and Meetings Section;
- Board Affairs and Proceedings Division (PSEG.1); and
- The Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division (PSEG2).
The main functions of the Board Affairs and Proceedings Division (PSEG.1) are to:
- Prepare the work programs, agenda and schedules of meetings of the Boards and Committees;
- Organize meetings of the Boards and their committees, as well as provide them with secretarial services;
- Provide secretariat services for the Boards of Governors and their subsidiary organs, and manage the relations between these Boards and Senior Management;
- Monitor the implementation of decisions of the Boards by the organizational units concerned;
- Provide administrative, and support services to Elected Officers, and provide recruitment support for their offices; and
- Preserve and safeguard the Bank’s institutional memory.
The overall objective of this role are:
- Control the quality of Board documents and ensure their timey distribution (electronic copy);
- Index in DARMS, all electronic documents distributed to ensure ease of retrieval.
- Retrieve documents from DARMS for Executive Directors, their staff, Senior Management and Bank staff
- Cover Board and Committee meetings and prepare the meeting attendance lists.
- Participate in Bank Group Annual Meetings.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Board Programming Coordination & Quality Control Section and general supervision of the Division Manager, the incumbent shall:
Distribution of Board Documents (Electronic and Hard Copies):
- Ensure that the titles, reference numbers and dates on documents are correct before distributing the
- Carryout rapid comparative checks to ensure conformity between English French documents;
- Monitor and distribute documents to Board members and their Committees within the required deadlines
- Good knowledge and adequate use of the Governors database to transmit letters and sensitive documents to Bank Group Governors;
- Register all documents transmitted to Senior Management.
- Participate in the coverage of Board and Committee meetings, seminars, working groups and conferences
- Facilitate the circulation of messages among Board members during meeting
- Usher in Senior Management and staff authorized to attend the meeting into the Board or meeting rooms
- Transmit written or verbal messages from staff in the meeting room to those outside and vice versa;
- Prepare the meeting attendance lists for the Secretary General and Conference Analysts.
- Index documents in DARMS and ensure the correct Entry Template, folder, document class, document type and value are selected to ensure documents are properly indexed;
- Conduct document (projects / programmes, policy documents, and activity reports) searches in DARMS at the request of Executive Directors and staff members.
Participation in Bank Group Annual Meetings:
- Contribute to the processing of Annual Meetings documents and participate in the meetings.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Development, Communications, International Relations, IT or other related discipline.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical professional experience in dealing with the processing of documentation.
- Expert knowledge of document processing procedure
- Good knowledge of work procedures of the Bank and the Board
- Have good knowledge of records classification
- Able to quickly adapt and use new technology relating to records management
- Competence in communications with strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of SAP (or other integrated document management system or quantitative and qualitative data analysis packages is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position does not attract international terms and conditions of employment (the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international status).
To apply for this job please visit www.afdb.org.