The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Data Enumerator (DTM) – 12 (Sokoto) job at The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Data Enumerator (DTM) – 12 (Sokoto)
SVN No.: CFCV2019/138
Organizational Unit: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
IOM Classification: Hourly Tier Scale
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (Hourly) 03 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Nigeria and under the direct supervision of the Field Operation Assistants, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for collecting data as part of the Displacement Tracking (ETT, MT, BR).
- S/he will work in close collaboration with the partners on the field in the areas (s) s/he has been assigned to. He/she will perform the underlisted functions;
- Collect data and provide support to relevant partners on data collection based on the DTM methodology and tools following a pre-established schedule.
- Monitor and evaluate the DTM operations, identifying areas of improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Be responsible for sending the information collected on the field to the Field Operation Assistant on a timely manner and according to the standards and requirement of the DTM program.
- Triangulating collected data based on DTM methodology with relevant partners
- Carrying out rapid registration where needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate / Diploma / Dregree in relevant field;
- Experience in the field of humanitarian assistance is an advantage
- Experience in data collection and statistic is an advantage
- Minimum of two years for university diploma or a year for degree
- Experience in humanitarian field, NGO, INGO is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibility assigned
- Trusted by the community, with certain maturity in making decisions, widely accepted, respected Possess good leadership skills and ability to explain instructions clearly
- Good knowledge in English, Hausa, Kanuri and other native languages
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line.
Click here for more information (PDF)
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to: “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line CFCV2019/138 . Sokoto State Data Enumerator DTM (12).
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Candidate to indicate preferred state of deployment.
- Only candidates who are successful with the written test will be invited for the oral interview.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit iom.int .