International Medical Corps (IMC)
Data Clerk at International Medical Corps (IMC). Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, It is also is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at the highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Job Title: Data Clerk
Location: Damboa, Borno
Summary Job Summary
- Reporting directly to the MEAL Officer, the selected candidate will work as part of a team to implement the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) to Pregnant and Lactating women and Children below 2 years and General Food Distribution in-kind and Cash-based transfers to vulnerable populations in MMC and Gubio LGAs while performing a number of duties aimed at ensuring that the program data is well recorded, stored and reported.
- He/She will control the flow of data, monitor the field reports and submission as well as facilitate sharing of field program reports.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- To work in close collaboration with the project team to coordinate any needs assessment and beneficiary registration for the food and cash assistance programs.
- To work with distribution team leaders and update beneficiary registry on a regular basis tracking new arrivals and exits from the programs.
- To liaise with the food and cash distribution teams and compile daily distribution reports and transmit to WFP focal points,
- Maintain and update the database for the food and cash assistance project in MMC and Gubio and ensure data entry is completed and correct.
- Contribute to the development of the monthly program report.
- Work in collaboration with the distribution team to keep track of beneficiary feedback, complaint mechanism and records.
- Coordinate the Post-distribution monitoring and dissemination of results.
- Validate Food requests from the distribution teams against the beneficiary registry.
- Work with program team, M&E team to document successes, best practice and/or lessons learnt throughout the program implementation.**
Communication and Teamwork:
- Ensure good communication with the program team.
- Facilitate harmonious working relationship with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Report problems encountered in the center or within the team to the Supervisor.
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor.
- Participate actively in regular staff and program review meetings.
- Prepare weekly team’s work schedule and submit to the Programme Manager.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree Science (or a higher diploma with at least 2 years’ experience) in Computer, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social sciences, Health Management or any health related discipline and
- At least two years of professional experience in food and cash assistance interventions. Experience in North East Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge and experience with different data entry management software within a humanitarian organization.
- Good computer skills especially Word and Excel, access. Knowledge of other databases preferred.
- Good human relations and diplomacy.
- Analytical capacity.
- Capacity to organize work.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of English (reading, writing, speaking). Knowledge of Hausa is an added advantage.
- Capacity to work under stressful situations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments.
- Experience living in remote or isolated workstations, or insecure locations.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
14th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and should be addressed to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Nigerian nationals only
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: [email protected].
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org