Consultant – Videographer at International Alert. Please go through the job requirements below before applying for this position.
International Alert is one of the world’s leading peacebuilding organisations, with over 30 years of experience supporting communities, advising governments, organisations and companies on how to build peace. Alert works with people in conflict-affected and threatened areas to make a positive difference for peace; to improve the substance and implementation of international policies relevant to peacebuilding; and to strengthen the peacebuilding sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Videographer
- UN Security Council Resolution 1325 (UNSCR 1325), unanimously adopted in October 2000, stressed the importance of the equal participation and full involvement of women in all efforts to maintain and promote peace and security. In the years since, eleven additional resolutions on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) have been adopted.
- That created a robust framework for implementing the WPS agenda and reinforced global commitments, treaties and conventions on women’s rights, including the 1979 Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and the 1995 Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
- To deliver these commitments at the national level, the United Nations has encouraged Member States to adopt National Action Plans on WPS (NAPs-WPS) to implement the resolutions and monitor the progress of the WPS agenda. As of September 2019, 82 countries have adopted NAPs-WPS.
- The Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs adopted its NAP-WPS in 2013 and launched a second edition in 2017 with the support of Nigerian Stability Reconciliation Programme (NSRP), the European Union and UN Women.
- The second edition addresses the key issues of violent extremism, post-conflict and reintegration challenges, crisis management and recovery as well as monitoring and evaluation. As at September 2019, 11 States have adopted a State Action Plan (SAP), and Plateau State has begun adopting Local Action Plans (LAPs) at grassroots level. Bauchi and Benue States are yet to develop and implement their own SAP. A SAP provides a guide for state and non-state actors on gender mainstreaming and gender-sensitive approaches to peacebuilding and security processes.
- As a build-up to its support to the government of Nigeria to meet its commitments on UNSCR 1325, UN Women is implementing a 2-year programme on WPS, in partnership with International Alert, and with funding support from the Government of Norway. The initiative is designed to achieve the broad goal of gender-inclusive and sustainable peace in Nigeria through:
- Increased women’s effective participation in peace and security processes, peace negotiations, conflict prevention and resolution.
- Improved public perception on the role of women in peace and security, at all levels through opportunities for engagement and dialogue.
- Against this background, International Alert seeks to hire a consultant to support the State Teams in collecting and producing videos and photographs of high quality for webhosting, printing and as will be specified by International Alert.
Scope of Work:
- The consultant will collect evidenced based audio-visual and pictorial information for enriching an e-compendium where the impact of the WPS project will be documented and curated featuring “Community Women’s Peacebuilding Storytelling Initiatives”.
- The consultant will collect pictorial information for newsletters, case studies, human interest stories, etc; which will be printed and disseminated as IEC materials.
- The consultant will work with State teams to produce audio and video documentaries when required.
- The Consultant, working together with the Senior Programme Officer, Advocacy and Communications and State Managers to produce videos and photographs with high quality as would be specified by the website managers.
- Within 2 days of content collection from the field, videographer will share electronic copies of pictorial content, and within 5 days, audio-visual content collected from the field, must be submitted to International Alert.
- One 2-day meeting with Alert’s project team for storyboarding in the week of December 10, 2018
- One one-hour online discussion with Alert’s Communications team to understand branding and compliance guidelines before the commencement of any task.
- Provide all the raw footage shot, including interviews and b-roll five days before the end of the consultancy
- Alert will cover cost of travel and accommodation to any targeted local government area and local transport and accommodation within Maiduguri.
- The videographer-filmmaker must budget for all other costs for him/herself and his/her team, including flights to Maiduguri, meals and incidental expenses, equipment, translators, etc.
- International Alert will be the copyright owner of the videos filmed for International Alert. Under no circumstances may the contracted consultant sell the videos, use them for profitable purposes, or give permissions to other companies or organisations to use them without our consent.
- The films may be used by the videographer to showcase samples of their own work (as long as no profit is made from the act of showcasing), but International Alert must be credited in any such display. International Alert agrees to credit the videographer in the film.
- The duration of the consultancy will be for 5 months, from July 1st – November 30th 2020.
Requirements for Consultant at international alert
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in developing information photo and videography.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting impact stories from the field.
- Demonstrated understanding of conflict, peace and security reporting in Bauchi and/or Benue States.
- Demonstrated expertise of communicating actions through photographs.
Application Closing Date
5pm 27th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest, indicating their experience, samples of past work done, the total price of the services including all applicable taxes to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] and [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not send follow-up emails or calls.
- International Alert is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be judged strictly based on merit
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com