Website Jhpiego Nigeria
Consultant State Coordinators at Jhpiego Nigeria – 3 Openings, Interested and qualified candidates should see the job detail and apply
Jhpiego Nigeria – 3 Openings
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant State Coordinator
Locations: Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States
Reports to: Project Director
Duration: 30 working days
- The State Coordinator will serve as liaison contacts between Jhpiego study team and NEDC teams in the respective states to oversee all activities pertaining to the GBV mapping exercise
- Also, the Coordinator will provide key support for the day to day management of all data collectors in the State during the period of assignment.
Specific Roles include:
- Lead advocacy planning and visits to stakeholders within the State,
- Organize required logistics for sensitization meeting
- Organize required logistics for field data collection,
- Oversee activities of data collectors during data collection, support adherence to standard operating procedures during data collection, verification and quality improvement.
- Provide supportive supervision during data collection,
- Participate in data analysis and report writing workshops.
- Provide on-going updates and reports to the Project Director on status of data collection, successes and challenges, and recommendations for overcoming them.
- Organize required logistics for stakeholders’ validation meeting
- Any other duty in relation to the assignment as assigned.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Social Sciences or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in managing research activities involving qualitative / quantitative data collection.
- Strong leadership, management and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, patience and problem-solving abilities, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Excellent report writing skills in English.
- Familiarity with gender and gender-based violence programming is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Must have good working knowledge of the State and LGAs.
Please note that all short-term consultants must sign a Code of Conduct that identifies the behavior that we require from all Experts in order to be hired for this assignment. This assignment will be carried out in an environment where unsafe, offensive, abusive or violent behavior will not be tolerated and where all persons should feel comfortable raising issues or concerns without fear of retaliation.
Required Code of Conduct
- Carry out his / her duties competently and diligently;
- Comply with this Code of Conduct and all applicable laws, regulations and other requirements;
- Treat other people with respect, and not discriminate against specific groups such as women, people with disabilities, migrant workers or children; not engage in Sexual Harassment, which means unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature with other Experts, or Client’s Personnel; not engage in Sexual Exploitation, which means any actual or attempted abuse of position of vulnerability, differential power or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another; not engage in Sexual Abuse, which means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions; not engage in any form of sexual activity with individuals under the age of 18, except in case of pre-existing marriage;
- Complete training/sensitization that may be provided related to the social aspects of the Contract, including; on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), and Sexual Harassment (SH);
- Report violations of this Code of Conduct; and not retaliate against any person who reports violations of this Code of Conduct, whether to us or the Client.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Consultant State Cordinator” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.