Palladium Group Recruits Consultant, Senior DevOps Engineer, Data.FI Nigeria. Please make sure you read the job requirements before applying for the position.
Palladium Group is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Job Title: Consultant, Senior DevOps Engineer, Data.FI Nigeria
Reference No.: req10983
Employment Type: Temporary
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Palladium is seeking a Senior DevOPs engineer on a 5-month full-time consultancy who will provide technical expertise for the development and implementation of HIV information systems toward a unified architecture.
- We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will work closely with the HIS software solution developers to support the maturity of the microservices architecture for different solutions to achieve full or near-full automation and orchestration of tools.
- The Senior DevOps Engineer will also support the Dev teams to improve CI/CD tooling and support the Dev teams in ensuring that they adhere to a strict release management cadence through automation.
- The Senior DevOps Engineer will additionally support the Quality Assurance team to deploy open-source tools for test case development and execution and develop tools for continuous monitoring of system health and security of all our technological products.
- This position is for an initial 5-month period subject to funding considerations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement open-source tools for CI/CD and testing.
- Provide capacity building for the maintenance of open-source tools for CI/CD and testing
- Institute the DevOps culture within the HIS solutions development team
- Train the Dev team in DevOps best practices to achieve continuously deployable systems.
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerts across the suite of HIS products by automating performance monitoring, reporting any downtimes and carrying out root cause analysis.
- Develop the tooling to support microservices orchestration.
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (such as Telecommunications or IT).
- At least five (5) years of professional experience directly supporting the development, operations, maintenance and/or security of mission critical systems.
- Training on Lean or Six Sigma is an added advantage.
- Extensive DevOps experience including case handling and resolution, platform security, programming and scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, Java), server management (Linux, Windows, UNIX), and database scripting (SQL, NoSQL and distributed databases).
- Extensive device management experience on platform health monitoring, reporting, scripting, data-mining, and business intelligence.
- Excellent understanding and deployment of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Understanding of DevOps pipeline impact on product management and user experience (UX).
- Extensive experience in system and data migration for mission-critical technologies.
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of Linux and Windows administration experience for mission-critical systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with system databases (SQL and NoSQL) at Enterprise level.
- Experience with a variety of programming and scripting languages and frameworks, including but not limited to Java, SOAP (XML), REST (HTTP), Bash and Python.
- Understanding of Device Management Protocols and Device Library Specifications for remote device upgrade or fault management and log aggregation tools.
- Experience in engaging closely with solution architects and operations teams to deliver highly available and scalable services with minimal/zero downtime.
- Demonstrable experience with Application, Infrastructure Delivery Automation, Orchestration, Configuration Management and Testing tools.
- Experience in driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.