Communications Manager, Emerging Markets at GE Nigeria. Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Manager, Emerging Markets
Ref. ID: R3575412
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The Communications Manager, Emerging Markets is responsible for the development and deployment of the media, executive and employee communications strategy in the zone, keeping alignment with GE Healthcare’s overall communications strategy and global messaging.
- This role will support business leaders by defining and executing a communications strategy and priorities. GE Healthcare’s Emerging Markets zone covers Middle East, North East Africa, Central Asia & Turkey (MENEAT) and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- This individual will report into the EMEA Communications Director.
- In partnership with the zones’ business leadership team, leverages the key business priorities to create communication strategies that move the needle for the zone internally and externally.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders to refine, improve and outline the communication plans.
- Responsible for ensuring that the image and reputation of GE Healthcare is represented positively.
- Works with the external affairs team to actively promote and protect the company in the media (trade, consumer & social), the general public, and other centers of influence.
- Builds and executes thought leadership strategies for key leaders of the zone (eg. LinkedIn articles, speaking engagements, etc.)
- Working with Marketing and Commercial teams, partners with customers and prospects to jointly tell outcomes-driven stories.
- Drives business growth and cultural change by providing thought leadership and change program counsel to the zone business leaders.
- Provides leadership with communications guidance on complex, sensitive, and business-critical issues, including crisis management topics and scenarios.
- Serves as a crisis communications point of contact for specific business issues, potentially including cross-GE Healthcare issues.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or a related field and minimum 10 years communications experience
- A track record of influencing and engaging successfully with external stakeholders (thought leaders, key opinion leaders, influencers, press, governments) at the highest levels in a highly regulated, politically sensitive and technical environment
- A track record of influencing and engaging successfully with senior internal leaders, driving employee engagement and managing through change Excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to simplify complex issues and act quickly with sensitivity to a range of external perspectives
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the business drivers
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a complex business matrix, meeting the needs of both the P&L and the Corporate Marketing and Communications Function
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Fluent in English (oral and written). Arabic is a plus.
- Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.