Website Dangote Group
Clinker Terminal Safety Officer – Cement Industry at Dangote Group, Interested and qualified candidates should see the job details and apply.
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinker Terminal Safety Officer – Cement Industry
Ref Id: LagosHSE001
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Ensure that the DCP HSSE policy is understood and implemented at clinker terminal.
- Support clinker terminal operations, Gypsum and Pet coke loading and offloading with the implementation of HSE initiatives, HSE management system, and HSE programs.
- Conduct safety training and awareness programs in line with the DCP annual HSE goals and targets.
- Maintain all documents and records as per Nigerian Federal Laws relating to HSE about port operations.
- Inspection of plant and equipment is carried out for maintain safe workplace.
- Ensure that environmental management initiatives, programs, procedures, trainings, work practices and controls are implemented and monitored for effectiveness and continual improvement.
- Manage regulatory compliance of GDNL operations (BPE/NPA, NIMASA, LASEPA, LAWMA and FME as applicable).
- Conduct various HSE trainings and awareness programs including induction training for shop floor employees/ drivers.
- Conduct regular toolbox talk with shop floor employees/ drivers.
- Inspect ongoing work to ensure compliance of PTW system.
- Assist plant managers in conducting JSA as and when required.
- Conduct survey to check quality and adequacy of these, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement annual HSE improvement plan and monitor its implementation.
- Maintain and ensure relevant documents/ records for safety are properly maintained.
- Lifting equipment
- Pressure vessels
- Portable electrical equipment
- Elevated Work
- Attend all shutdowns and major breakdowns from HSE point of view.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any Environmental Science or Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional qualification as H&E Practitioner by a national or internationally recognised organisation.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Very good knowledge/ experience on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and Control.
- Very good knowledge on Fire Safety Management.
- Good understanding of PTW system and RCA.
- Understanding of Nigerian Federal Laws related to H&S.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Good knowledge of H&S audits and inspection.
- Understanding of typical plant operations/ dynamics.
- Experience in Port HSE or other heavy industry.
- An understanding of HSE Management Systems.
- Initiatives and drive.
- Good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Execution skills.
- Team Player.
- Communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Yoruba Language is an added advantage.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.