KPMG Chief Operating Officer recruitment is currently ongoing for those that want to work with KPMG in 2020. Please read the requirement before applying.
Our client is a wholly owned indigenous company with interest in the marine logistics services space in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
In line with the Company’s desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience, the Company seeks to recruit a Chief Operating Officer.
Detailed Job Description:
The Opportunity – Chief Operating Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO will provide strategic leadership of the firm’s operational functions and overall responsibility for executing daily operations for the company liaising with department heads and other external stakeholders as required.
· Guide, direct and lead the Business Operations from a strategic perspective and able to Coordinate all back-office operations.
· Facilitate the company’s strategic planning process and translate the overall strategy into actionable plans to ensure achievement of business goals and objectives.
· Supervise the preparation of the annual budget, as well as long-term fiscal plans for the Company; direct the development, implementation and adherence to budgets and systems to achieve operating and financial objectives.
· Work closely with the CEO to achieve growth targets and development/expansion plans
· Set departments’ high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
· Conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the company is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (increase in profits, increase in market share, return on investment, etc.)
· Facilitate the establishment of key process performance metrics, monitor performance, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed dashboard/reports for the CEO
· Ensure the Company follows all regulatory requirements and agreements.
· Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
· Monitor the adherence of employees to guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Ensure all staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed as part of performance management practice.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to provide visionary and strategic leadership and translates vision into measurable goals and definitive actions;
- Innovative and a problem solver;
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills, business acumen and the ability to negotiate;
- Highly skilled in community involvement and engagement and in building strategic partnerships and collaborations;
- Experience with administrative and fiscal management, budgeting and operations;
- Demonstrates effective delegation of staff responsibilities and a system of follow up and accountability;
- Inspiring and inclusive leadership style with demonstrable track record of managing and supporting staff;
- Understand corporate governance codes and principles.
General Requirements for the Role
- Matured and experienced individual.
- Has an entrepreneurial/ ownership mindset.
- Strong ability to build and lead teams, drive the organization towards a common vision and goal
- Must be a change agent, a good communicator and understands cultures drivers
- B.Sc. in Engineering or any other relevant discipline
- A master’s degree in operations management or an MBA would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 20 years cognate experience in Marine operations (oil & Gas), FMCG, Manufacturing, with at least 15 years in a senior management role.
- Relevant professional memberships and or certifications e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, or function specific
Method of Application
All those interested in working for KPMG in 2020 are expected Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit kpmgng.avature.net.