Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant is recruiting a Business Development Manager position at their Lagos office. Please read the job requirements before applying.
About Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product, and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build, and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align the workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full time
Industry: NGO / Social Services
- To identify prospective service opportunities, and develop/execute strategies to drive objectives in ways that assure the success of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and track relevant upcoming international funding opportunities—through proactive intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources within the organization’s network
- Oversee prospecting activities to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities
- Manage actions for pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including teaming, bid strategies, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation
- Manage major open international funding/grant and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, PPRs, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate
- Represent the organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks, as it relates to international funding streams
- Contribute to the expansion of the organization’s consultant roster for key technical and bid preparation functions
- Increased Revenue for the organization
- Prepare and manage the business development unit budget as approved by the MD/CEO
- Provide periodically (monthly, quarterly, and annual) comprehensive business development performance reports to the MD/CEO
- Make recommendations on policies, and processes for business development activities that are in line with best practices
- Other job-related tasks as assigned by the MD/CEO.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or Marketing or any other related discipline
- Master’s in Business Administration or Marketing or any other relevant discipline is an added advantage
- 3-5 years minimum cognate experience preferably at mid-level management level in a similar organization within the range of same staff size
- Certified membership of local and/or foreign professional institutes
- Sound knowledge and insights into corporate governance and not-for-profit operations
- Proven track record in developing and nurturing businesses
- Capacity to develop short-, mid- and long-term business strategies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Target-driven and result-oriented.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit alanandgrant.zohorecruit.com.