Bilingual Travel Advisor Vacancy at Jumia
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Bilingual Travel Advisor
Jumia Travel is a hotel/flights booking website that provides travellers with the perfect place/flight they need at the best price from more than 25,000 hotels in Africa and more than 200,000 hotels around the world.
Be part of the Bilingual (French) team that represents Jumia Travel as the top hotel booking, flight booking and travel portal.
In particular you will:
- Respond to customer questions in a timely manner either via phone, email and chat.
- Attract potential customers by answering questions/suggesting information about our products and services
- Include a sale speech in every interaction with customer and contact proactively customers to increase bookings
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer& complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Challenge and influence hotel to improve service level and operational standards
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with hotel’s staff
- Complete service reports by collecting and reporting on call log information
- Manage daily targets and track progress with tool such as Excel, Google Spreadsheet and various ticketing systems
- Build and lead cross-functional teams-able to anticipate and deliver solutions to client issues.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- A graduate from an accredited university.
- Mininmum of 4 years working experience in the travel industry.
- Strong communication skills in English and French.
- Proficiency in other local languages will be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have strong sales skills and will be customer obsessed.
- Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines .
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
To apply for this job please visit africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net.