British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Job Title: Associate Manager – Compliance & Corporate Finance
Job Number: 26168
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Associate Manager – Compliance & Corporate Finance to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria
- Drive the timely assessment and closure of compliance review plans and open actions across the area
- Update and follow up of actions updated on the control environment dashboard
- Manage the Controls Excellence Dashboard and Continuous Control Monitoring – Monthly communication of exception reports to the business for process improvement and drive compliance.
- Update and follow up of actions on TaO KPI Dashboard
- Actively support the timely remediation of action plans from BCT’s remote OE testing
- Active involvement in the SOX Cycle Testing
- Support the STP (Sustainable Tobacco Programme) for leaf operations
- Develop SMART Performance Objectives
- Drive the timely delivery and submission of Controls navigator assessment and follow up on open actions
- Approval Matrix-SDoA (Statement of Delegated Authority), PO release strategies, JML (Accesses for Joiners, Movers & Leavers)
- Provide consultancy services on compliance, audit & operations
- Business control strategies – Fraud focus areas, WAM (West Africa Markets) Business Control Team activities, policies/procedures/guidelines
- Drive risk management awareness – Risk Registers etc.
- Projects – WAM fixed assets verifications, assets disposals, creation of entities
- Embed SOX Way of Working across the business – 100% pass rate from KMPG Audit and BCT Testing
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- Financial background with a professional accountancy qualification (such as ACCA, CPA), a relevant university degree and sound knowledge of accounting principles
- Understanding and awareness of other business functions and their interface with Finance
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Good collaboration and influencing skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience, preferably in FMCG or Big 4 environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.