GIG Logistics is currently hiring to fill the position of a Area Coordinators in South-South & South-East part of Nigeria. See the full job requirements before applying for this position.
GIG Logistics is a member of The GIG Group and prides itself as Nigeria’s leading logistics company. Incorporated in 2012 and headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, GIG Logistics leverages on technology to gain competitive advantage.
Location: South-South & South-East, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- The Area Coordinators will manage the operations of designated Experience centers within the South-South and South-East area to ensure timely processing of shipments to, from and within the area and guarantee the security of shipments as they move through the network by enforcing strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Oversee the pick-up and delivery of shipments within the area to achieve the area KPIs and business goals.
- Supports Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution.
- Manage relationship with the Gateway on movement of shipments within the area.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and improve performance for satisfactory customer experience in the area.
- Maintain clean and safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as all company policies/procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute action plans to increase efficiencies
- Ensure optimization of network and consolidation while arranging delivery of shipments to the final receiver.
- Creates, builds, and maintains excellent relationships with Area managers, Hub Operations Managers and other internal functions across the region.
- Ensures prompt clearance of shipments through the airports in the area.
- Acting as a Compliance Officer to ensure absolute compliance with business policies and processes within the area.
- Follows-up shipments status in the area, identify incidents and ensure resolution of irregularities.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports for management review.
- Other duties as the exigencies of work may demand.
You will be an ideal candidate if you possess the following qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- An HND or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited higher institution (a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage)
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with 5 years experience in logistics, customer service and/or distribution environments
- Strong data analytics skills with extensive experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results
- In-depth knowledge of the logistics sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of performance and exceed targets
- Accountable and resilient.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.