Aqua Technical Manager Job at Olam International. Make sure you go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed, and fibre to 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing, and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 4.8 million farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Aqua Technical Manager
Sub-Function: MATS Common
- The Aqua Technical Manager will be the Aquaculture expert for the Fish Feed business.
- He/She should not only be the subject matter expert on Aquaculture (Tilapia Farming in particular) but also have good project management & consultancy skills.
- The primary responsibility of the person would be to help drive the growth of aquaculture in Nigeria through the development of Tilapia culture and thereby help grow our Aqua feed business.
Develop Tilapia Farming:
- Create economically viable models for Tilapia farming – both land and lake farming, suitable for Nigeria
- Design & implement Tilapia farming projects in partnership with government & private organizations.
- Provide consultancy services to our customers who are into Tilapia farming in Nigeria (& rest of WAF)
- As an Aquaculture expert (particularly Tilapia expert) liaison with government bodies, farmer associations & other stakeholders (like developmental NGOs, financial institution, etc.) to help direct the policies & actions in developing & diversifying aquaculture in Nigeria
- Help create SOPs for land-based Tilapia farming for smallholder farmers & successfully role out the same in selected farmer groups
- Provide training to ATEs & farmers on Tilapia farming
- Help develop Tilapia Hatcheries for ensuring Fingerling supply
- Successfully roll out model Tilapia farms (smallholders) across different states and ensure their optimal operations & profitability so that they can help in faster adoption of Tilapia farming by the catfish farmers
- Help the Aqua Technical Executives in managing farm level emergencies in the Catfish farms
- Develop customized SOPs for catfish farmers working with a different type of farming systems & Olam feeds
- Should have a basic understanding of ROI and should be able to calculate farm-level profitability & explain the same to farmers.
- Monitor all feed trails being conducted from time to time & ensure structured data collection and reporting of the same
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in Aqua Culture (masters preferred). Should possess 8 to 10 years of work experience in hands-on Tilapia farm management
- Experience in managing large scale operations and implementing behavior-based safety programs.
- Have a demonstrated ability in strategic planning with experience of successful implementation of new strategies.
- Strong organizational skills, including experience managing multiple high priority projects simultaneously. A detailed oriented person with a high level of accuracy.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to motivate a team of diverse experiences.
You may like this; UAC Nigeria Recruitment and Jobs
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.olamgroup.com.