Agribusiness Expert Recruitment at Welcome2Africa International. Please go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company committed to the positive economic growth of Africa and from the get-go, founded upon the vision to redefine the image of Africa.
Welcome2Africa International develops and initiate a range of activities to catalyze and facilitate investment, trade and business/commercial interest into and across Africa – All with a current focus and commitment to the development and transformation of Africa’s Agribusiness sector.
Job Title: Agribusiness Expert
Location: Maitama, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Job Purpose
- Welcome2Africa International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. The Agribusiness Expert will ensure the competitiveness of the organization by devising strategic plans and prevailing conditions in the Project and Agribusiness sector industry, to ensure that the organization remains a leader within its defined sector.
- Coordinate and contribute to value chains and climate risk assessments of prioritised commodities [Seeds, Livestocks and Greenhouse]
- Plans, organizes, and manages the operation of a large farm with several major subdivisions such as dairy crops or cattle.
- Plans and directs the management program of a large beef or dairy herd.
- Supervises the maintenance of farm facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Prepares budget estimates and recommendations for personnel, equipment, and operating supplies.
- Plans a wide variety of research programs, experimental projects, and tests with research scientists.
- Sets up and adapts research facilities, methods, and procedures.
- Plans breeding programs and assists in calving difficulties.
- Selects, trains, and supervises farm and herd personnel.
- Supervises dairy operations; grows, harvests, and stores forage and grain crops; maintains an appropriate system of pasture management.
- Maintains breeding, feeding, registration, herd health, and milk production records.
- Handles transfers, cattle sales, and exhibits.
- Maintains appropriate health and sanitary standards in milking operations.
- Purchases farm supplies and equipment.
- Collects samples and records various kinds of research data; prepares research and project reports.
- Supervises artificial insemination of cattle; schedules preventive treatments, and maintains normal herd health standards.
- Formulates feed rations.
- Prepares periodic reports and maintains appropriate files and records.
- Facilitate market driven linkages between agribusiness producers, wholesalers, processors, and markets within Nigeria.
- Lead project development and strategic support in a wide variety of areas, including value chain development and upgrading strategies, improving access to agricultural inputs, agricultural extension, marketing.
- At least a Bachelors, and preferably a Masters level qualification in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy
- Minimum of ten years of experience of working with or in agribusiness development and facilitation, preferably in the prioritized commodities [Seeds, Livestock and Greenhouse]
- Knowledge of the prioritized commodities preferably in Nigeria And Outside Nigeria
- Experience in value chain development and agribusiness finance, preferable experience with climate finance
- Thorough knowledge of beef and dairy cattle management and operations.
- Thorough knowledge of plant and cattle diseases and of the methods of prevention and cure.
- Considerable knowledge of modern agricultural methods and experimental farming practices.
- Considerable knowledge of animal science research methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of farm equipment, materials, and maintenance techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of subordinate personnel.
- Ability to maintain appropriate records and to prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
1st January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter of no more than detailing your suitability and experience to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org