Accounts Payable Officer Job at Dangote Group. Please make sure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We arerecruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Ref No: Okpella-F&A-0003
Location: Okpella, Edo, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Department: Finance (Plant)
Reports To: Deputy Head of Finance
Direct Reports/ Subordinates: 1
Job Grade: Asst. Manager
- Ensure the timely and efficient processing of supplier invoices and staff advance.
- Reconcile supplier accounts to ensure accuracy of DCP’s records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities.
- Proactively notify Head, Plant Finance of any irregularity in invoices/bills from third party.
- Assist in ensuring that all suppliers’ statements of accounts are reconciled to the sub-ledgers before forwarding supplier invoices and supporting documents for payment processing.
- Respond to supplier enquires regarding payment processing.
- Ensure suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts are prepared and reconciled to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Provide inputs into the review of existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Maintain ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/vendors.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Head of Finance
- Receive staff advance requests, carry out initial review and forward Deputy Head of Finance for further verification and approval.
- Receive staff advance retirements and maintain complete documentation of all transactions.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Three (3) to Nine (9) years of relevant work experience will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.