Students from Developing Countries can now apply for Hasselt University Masters Scholarship Program 2021. This master scholarship is meant to close on the 1st of February 2021.
About Hasselt University Masters Scholarship Program
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) offers 12 scholarships each year for our ICP Master’s programme Master of Statistics.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2021
- Burkina Faso,
- DR Congo,
- South Africa, Niger
- Latin America:
- Nationality and Country of Residence: a candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- Age: the maximum age for a Master programme candidate is 35 years. The candidate cannot exceed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- Language requirements:
Candidates who wish to apply have to demonstrate good command of the English language, both spoken and written. English language skills need to be confirmed by a recent score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or any recognized proficiency test:
- a TOEFL score report (paper-based: score 550 or more, computerbased: score 213 or more, internet-based: score 79-80)
- IELTS certificate (overall band score 6.0)
The English Language Test can be waived on the basis of an interview or if English language proficiency is proven otherwise (e.g. if education or part of it was in English or if English is a national language in your home country).
Number of Awards: 12
To Be Taken At (Country): Belgium
Value of Award:
You might be asking what costs are covered by the scholarship?. Below are some of the cost covered in the Hasselt University Masters Scholarship Program:
- Allowance as of September 2018 (this includes the accommodation and family allowance): € 1150/month;
- Several one-time payments;
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
More information on the scholarships and all eligibility criteria can be found on the VLIR-UOS website.