Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2021 for Ph.D. Students at the University of Ghana is currently open for application. The scholarship is to support the training of PhD students in the Humanities from West Africa at the University of Ghana.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship is supported by the Gerda Henkel Foundation of Germany under a project titled Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities in West Africa. The scholarship is fully funded for the 2021/2022 academic session at the University of Ghana. Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
To be eligible for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program for Non-U.S. Citizens 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed a Master’s degree in any of the eligible disciplines.
- Be a national or permanent resident of one of the eligible countries.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction (English).
- Have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
History, Archaeology, Historical Islamic Studies, Art History, Philosophy, History of Law, History of Science, Prehistory and Early History, Classics, and other disciplines with historical component.
Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal
- Tuition fees
- Airfare for international students
Details about the Scholarship
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Gerda Henkel Foundation
- Scholarship to be taken in Ghana
- Scholarship Level: PhD
- Scholarship Slot: Not Included
- Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
- Subject Eligibility: See Eligible Courses
- Country Eligibility: See eligible countries
Applicants for the ongoing Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2021 for Ph.D. Students are meant to complete the application forms with copies of required documents and send them to:
The Principal Investigator
Dept. of Geography and Resource Development
P.O. Box LG 59
University of Ghana
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (+233) (0) 302983713
Main Documents Required
- Graduate and undergraduate certificates
- Graduate and Undergraduate transcripts
- One-page motivation statement (Heading: Motivational Statement & your Name)
- Ph.D. research proposal of not more than 3 pages (of 1.5-line spacing). It must include a project title, background, including a statement of problem, objectives, scope, and methodology for the applicant’s research and references.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Copy of applicant’s passport or national ID card.
Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and they will be required to apply to the University of Ghana for admission when the admission portal opens. Please check the University of Ghana website for more information at www.ug.edu.gh
Note: Applicants should save their documents as follows:
Last name_document name_programme applied for
The deadline for this scholarship is 29th January 2021.