Federal Scholarship Board Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship 2020/2021
This invitation was given by the Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, the minister invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the Federal Scholarship Board Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship 2020/2021.
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA) SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBLE FOR:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
FIELDS OF STUDY
There are fields of study that are mostly considered in the Federal Scholarship Board Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship which are listed below;
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
These are things you need to meet up for Federal Scholarship Board Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship 2020/2021
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
GENERAL NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake
a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
ii) Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics;
iii) The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted;
iv) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019,
- Complete the application form online,
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above;
v) All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia.
vi) All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
viii) The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and
Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of the current International passport;
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
iv) National Identification Number (NIN)
v) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All those interested in the Federal Scholarship Board Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship are advised to complete online as follows:
FILL THE ONLINE FORM HERE
Submit and Print a copy
Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
i. Letter of Admission to the Institution
ii. Current Course Registration Form
iii. CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
iv. Current School’s Identity Card
v. Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
vi. Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
GENERAL NOTICE: During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
i) Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to
ii) Choice of programme preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
and Nigerian Award;
iii) The registration portal will be closed on Friday 6th December 2019 by 11:59 PM
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
i. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
ii. Nigerian Award: 08077884418/08091155229
For further Technical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
Candidates are advised to choose a Centre very close to them
TIME: 9.00 A.M DAILY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY
PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
ARC SONNY T. ECHONO, fnia
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION