Ernst & Young (EY)
Assurance Audit Manager – Analytics Delivery Specialist (ADS) – Nigeria at Ernst & Young (EY). Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assurance Audit Manager – Analytics Delivery Specialist (ADS) – Nigeria
- More than ever before, businesses rely on properly interpreted complex data sets to inform their actions.
- From emerging brands to the multinationals, our clients require dependable financial statements to drive their decision-making process and they depend on us to provide top notch advice along with best in class service all the time.
- We have recorded great success in the Nigerian market space year on year and therefore always looking for more talented consultants to join our team.
- As an Audit Analytics Delivery Manager, you will work with Audit teams to plan and scope the use of leading-edge analytics solutions and deliver them through by using Audit analytics tools. You will work closely and engage with the client’s IT function to successfully manage data capture and extraction process, data cleansing and analysis.
- As a Manager and Adviser for EY, your everyday work-life will be filled with operational tasks and professional challenges. All the knowledge and skills of the EY brand will be made available to you as you as you build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients.
- Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues.
- As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
To Qualify for the Role, You Must Have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer science, Engineering, Finance or Business discipline, supported by minimum of 8 years’ work experience in data analysis, capture, transformation, and understanding business processes
- ICAN, ACCA, CISA certification (or equivalent) required
- Competence in using database management software, statistical and predictive machine learning software and link analysis / data visualization software
- Relevant knowledge of data analysis and strong analytical skills in related software, including ACL, MS SQL Server, SQL SSIS, MS Excel, MS Access or similar software
- Relevant knowledge of popular ERP data tables and their relationships is important e.g. Oracle EBS, Finacle, Flexcube, T24 etc
- Relevant knowledge of other analytics tools is a plus, e.g. BI/visualization, data extraction, data transformation, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) specific tools (e.g. SAP, Oracle), or similar tools
- Experience of advising external clients on insights and strategies related to data analytics, ideally in the audit domain.
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Expertise in primary accounting frameworks, E.g. IFRS and related financial reporting matters.
Skills and Attributes for Auccess:
- Work with Audit Engagement Managers and audit team to plan and operationalize analytics strategy
- Assist Audit teams in scoping and planning the use of Analytics on more complex / larger engagements
- Support Audit teams in conversations with clients related to data security, data capture methods, etc. and work with clients’ IT functions to extract relevant data in more complex cases
- Monitor data transformation activities (e.g. data validation, etc.) performed by the Analytics delivery team
- Ensure documentation of data capture and transformation procedures is of consistently high quality
- Develop methodology and modules to support Audit engagements with Revenue Assurance
- Develop and maintain trust-based relationships with clients (external and internal) and encourage the team to deliver exceptional client service and continuously improve client satisfaction.
What We Look for:
- This role gives a lot of autonomy as we are interested in experienced consultants who are genuine leaders and curators.
- Your ability to identify and explore opportunities to improve our current relationships is very crucial to your success in this role, as well as being able to balance technical and analytical skills with a proactive approach to work.
- If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What Working at EY Offers
- We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
- You will have the flexibility and freedom to outline and manage your work plan and therefore have complete ownership of your role.
- Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and continuous professional career development and initiatives designed to promote your personal and social well-being.
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.