Ernst & Young (EY)
Ernst & Young (EY) Recruitment at FAAS Senior. Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: FAAS Senior
- At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
- From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time.
- You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
- As a Senior Staff, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team consists of dedicated accounting advisory professionals in five locations across the country. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge. We have access to a global network of professionals with wide-ranging financial accounting standards knowledge.
- We help finance leaders address the strategic accounting challenges and ongoing changes facing their business and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. We help them achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards convergence.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year.
- Establish expectations of value to be delivered.
- Participate in performing Canadian GAAP and IFRS analysis procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Create reports and other deliverables.
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Delegate work successfully.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
- Monitor the engagement team’s progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
- Generate new business opportunities.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
- Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A Degree in Accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant experience along with CPA, CA designation
- Strong experience in banking or Insurance industry
- Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings
- Impeccable client relationship skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Good communication skills, with proficiency in English.
What We Look For:
- We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What We Offer
- At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Those Interested and qualified for FAAS Senior job should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.