Machine and Equipment Corporation Africa Limited (MECA)
Business Development Manager at Machine and Equipment Corporation Africa Limited (MECA). Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Machine and Equipment Corporation Africa Limited (MECA) is an Engineering, Operations and Technical Asset Management Corporation.MECA’s operations and activity in Africa is aimed at significantly increasing the number of farmers, entrepreneurial mindsets, technology transfer and enhancing technical skills in the region; development of workable regional strategies based on cultural; social and human capital preservation and bridging gaps between strategic partners and stakeholders at regional, national and international levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior Officer Business Development is concerned with contributing to the improvement and growth of the business through capacity building and innovation and managing relationships.
- The business development officer will also work to improve profitability through contributing to careful strategic planning, positioning in the appropriate markets, and enhancing the operation and reputation of the business.
Business Development 50%:
- Conceptualize and develop business proposals, reports, analyses, reviews and other documents for projects spanning inception to implementation to completion
- Contribute to the design and development of business strategies, identify risk scenarios, develop improvement plans to provide appropriate growth to business, as well as negotiate with stakeholders
- Assist in managing all development process and ensuring compliance to government policies and regulations.
- Coordinate with the management team and maintain budgets.
- Manage assigned customer communication and maintain effective relationships with all.
Capacity Building 40%:
- Contribute to the design and development of capacity-building actions through needs collection and analysis, companywide and client wide
- Assist in designing and developing the capacity-building strategy, handle coordination as well as work on strategic aspects of capacity building companywide and client wide
- Monitoring and reviewing progress on the implementation of capacity building activities, including design of evaluation frameworks (whether internal or out-sourced), conducting evaluation with beneficiaries, participation in capacity-building activities companywide and client wide.
- Maintain an archive of key documents and keeping records concerning project activity for reporting purposes companywide and client wide.
- Undertake aspects of the design, development and execution of implementation for capacity-building plans companywide and client wide.
- Lead and promote open innovation and introduce group tools and processes that drive creative and analytical thinking companywide and client wide.
- Analytical thinking/ problem solving on a national and international level with local knowledge and global insights
- Following industry trends locally and internationally as well as drafting and reviewing contracts
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams as well as reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
Educational Requirement / Skills
- 1st degree in Internal Relations, Business Management, Economics or a related field
- An advanced degree/ MSC is an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in working with local/ regional/national public authorities
Knowledge & Competence:
- High-level communication skills
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- All CV must be saved with the full name of the candidate(s). Non-compliant CV will not be treated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
2nd July, 2021.