International women’s day quotes is all about promoting and celebrating women’s rights and it is a year-round responsibility. But on International Women’s Day (IWD), which falls on March 8, 2021 of this year, it is important to take a stand for women’s equality.
If you are not used to it, International Women’s Day began in the early twentieth century and is an “international day that celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. Today also marks a call to action to accelerate women’s equality.”
The holiday is about encouraging people to make effective choices “to challenge stereotypes, fight prejudice, expand perceptions, improve attitudes and celebrate the achievements of women.” So if you are looking for the right thing to say to the women in your life, or you just need a reminder of how powerful you are, here are some feminist quotes that should do the trick.
International Women’s Day 2021 is an annual global holiday on March 8 (Monday in 2021), which celebrates amazing women all over the world. There are lots of ways to embrace this day: You might consider shopping for women-owned businesses, sending International Women’s Day flowers to some of your female role models, or just feeling completely in awe of the women in your life and around the world.
What do you say to a woman on International Women’s Day?
Why not send some happy Women’s Day quotes or sayings to your favorite guides or post some captions for International Women’s Day? Tag your best friend in a funny post or meme for Women’s Day, or send beautiful Women’s Day wishes via text message to your mom and sister. Need more ideas on how to celebrate International Women’s Day? Keep reading for the perfect quotes, memes, and messages for March 8th. Also, be sure to check out the hashtags for International Women’s Day on social media, such as #InternationalWomensDay, # IWD2021, #WomensDay, #SeeHer, and #ChoosetoChallenge.
Around the world, women leaders are bravely struggling to change the course of history. They are fighting for LGBTIQ rights, ending child marriage, inclusive sex education, and much more. On International Women’s Day, celebrate the amazing activists around the world who are leading the fight for gender justice!
Two important words in the workplace every day – especially on 8 March, International Women’s Day, a day that “celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women,” as well as a call to action for individuals and organizations to promote, enforce, and advocate for gender equality.
So, in celebration of the big day, we’ve rounded up our favorite inspirational quotes from the successful women who make us feel powerful every day. Have fun – then get there and be part of the movement to stand up for women.
ALSO CHECK: JOB POSTINGS
20 Inspiring international women’s day quotes in 2021
- “A successful woman is one who can build a solid foundation with the stones that others have thrown at her.” – Anonymous
- “The great act of courage we all must do, is to have the courage to get out of our history and our pasts so we can live our dreams” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Don’t let anyone tell you that you are weak because you are a woman” – Mary Kum,
- “We recognize the importance of our voice when we are silenced” – Malala Yousafzai,
- “Feminism is about giving women a choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to hit other women. It’s about freedom, it’s about editing, it’s about equality” – Emma Watson
- “We are better off when women are empowered – that leads to a better society” – John Legend
- “No country can truly prosper if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half of its citizens” – Michelle Obama
- “I think the best role models for women are the productive and self-confident people who shine a light on the world” – Meryl Streep,
- “An important feature of success is being yourself. Never Hide What Makes You You” – Indra Nooy,
- “Every time a woman defends herself, she defends all women” -Maya Angelou
- “There is no such thing as “voiceless”. Only those who have been deliberately, or inaudible, silenced” – Arundhati Roy,
- “A woman is like a tea bag; she never knows how strong it is until she heats in water.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Freedom is not achieved unless the woman is liberated from all forms of oppression.” -Nelson Mandela
- “Here are the strong women: we hope to know them. We hope to be them. We hope to raise them.” – Anonymous
- “I am grateful to be a woman. I must have done something wonderful in another life.” – Maya Angelou, poet
- “Human rights are women’s rights; women’s rights are human rights. Let’s not forget that among these rights is the right to speak freely – and the right to be heard.” – Hillary Clinton
We hope you really found this article helpful. Let us know what you think at the comment box. Share to help someone get a job or make an informed decision about their career today.